The Virtual Flower Show organised by Carrickfergus in Bloom is an opportunity for Carrickfergus Borough residents to show off their photographic and gardening skills.
1) Entries are open to persons living within Carrickfergus Borough only. Others may submit their photos for viewing but cannot enter the competition. This competition is not open to Carrickfergus Borough Council employees or contractors or any person involved in the running of the competition, or their immediate family members.
2) Entries may be submitted in jpeg format or alternatively send your photo (with entry form) by post to Virtual Flower Show, Carrickfergus in Bloom, Museum & Civic Centre, Antrim Street, Carrickfergus, BT38 7DG. Photographs will be displayed at 375 pixels wide.
3) Photographs must be taken by the entrant although not necessarily of blooms grown by the entrant.
4) Entries must be submitted with a title.
5) Entries are restricted to one photograph per household per class. No household can win more that two prizes.
6) Any photographs submitted as part of your entry may be used by Carrickfergus Borough Council in any media, for any purpose, in any of its publications, and on its website(s) at any time in the future.
7) Carrickfergus Borough Council reserves the right to refuse any entry.
8) Last years first prize category winners are unable to enter the category they won, runners-up may do so.
9) Please note that entries will not be returned, therefore, make a copy before submitting your photograph.
10) All prizes are as listed on this website and we do not offer cash alternatives. Prize winners agree to take part in any competition publicity if asked to do so.
11) If any photographs feature any person or people, they should be aware they were being photographed and permission should be obtained from all involved (or their parents/guardians if under 16) for their photograph to be submitted in a competition. If it is clear that the people are not aware of their picture being taken or are embarrassed in any way in any entry we receive, the Carrickfergus Borough Council reserves the right to disqualify the entry.
12) The organisation and judging of this event is controlled by Carrickfergus Borough Council and the decision of the Chairman of the Parks, Countryside & Amenities Sub Committee is final in every situation including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into. At all times we reserves the right, in the event of circumstances arising outside of our control which in our opinion makes it necessary, to cancel or change the competition at any stage.
13) Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them when entering this competition.
Visit the Virtual Flower Show Hints and Tips section.